Sensitive to bad files?
  • I scheduled a 23 hour "radio show" to run just to test things a bit.
    When I add the mp3 and ogg files, everything seems fine and when the program starts, it starts streaming.

Yet suddenly, and always when I am not watching, the program becomes off air, the red on air stops blinking, but the current-playing indicator is still running.

THEN
    Airtime suddenly comes back ON-air when that song, or all the songs it perceives at troublesome, is finished. But when it is back on-air,
    the current playing and next track indicators are not displaying the correct data, to correspond with the track-schedule and the green highlight bar.

I suspect Airtime is struggling with some "dirty" media-files/mp3s with "blops" in them. Maybe it would be a solution to do some sort of pre-processing of the mp3+ogg files to "screen for dirty files". I don't have many, but this is giving me a small headache, since I now never know if my broadcast will actually broadcast the entire shedule or not...

The logfiles, which I carefully watch using airtime-log -t gives no indication. At least no error message.

version: Airtime 2.1-beta1
    Post edited by Adam Thomas at 2012-06-05 11:37:12
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Unfortunately the UI and what is currently playing is not synchronized. This is something we have taken steps to mitigate by actually filtering out songs that won't play after uploading. This was implemented some time after beta1, so the final 2.1.0 release shouldn't have the problem you're experiencing.

I've created a ticket to improve this further in the future.

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro