Bit of trouble...
  • Recently got into online radio streaming, and decided to set up my own shoutcast server. This was all good and all, but sc_trans was very limited when it came to controlling the media. So I searched around and stumbled upon airtime. 
    Anyways, I'm having a bit of trouble installing. I should note I am using nginx, instead of apache, and command line install, rather than the .deb install method. 
    Attached is my install log and a truncated pypo.log. 
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi John, Airtime only uses Apache for the admin interface, so you will probably not see any performance improvement by using nginx. I would suggest installing with Apache first, and then figuring out the cause of nginx's Internal Server Error later, should nginx support prove necessary for your deployment.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • I fixed the 502.. Check here: 
    http://php.net/manual/en/phar.configuration.php
    Apparently, it could not turn off phar.readonly, so it threw out errors. Fixed that side of things.
    Now when I go to the airtime page, it says "No input file specified." I gather this means I have to now set up either icecast or shoutcast.
  • We do have an nginx installation mode that was contributed by one of our forum members (under the install_full directory), but officially we only support Apache 2 at the moment. 

John, if you are familiar with nginx config files, make sure it is pointed at /usr/share/airtime/public, and let us know what happens. Otherwise the easier route is to just use apache.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Lol, yeah. I changed a bit in that site for nginx (didn't want it on port 80) and managed to change where the root was. Anyways, all is good now.

EDIT
    Perhaps I spoke too soon. Media monitor doesn't seem to want to work. I can change the directories, but its status is always offline.
    Post edited by John Flower at 2012-05-17 19:56:16