Liquidsoap bug - decoder fail
  • Hello Airtime community! I need your help again.

I've mentioned the problem earlier, dug in some log files and now I have found this:
    After writing simple ls_script.liq that plays songs during offline from different folders, and restarting airtime-playout, the script works for about an hour and then fails, which occurs by disconnecting Airtime mountpoint from Icecast. Log file pypo-liquidsoap.log shows, that for an hour everything works fine, but then, suddenly decoder has problem with reading .mp3 files, including ones that it already played few minutes earlier. It says:

[decoder:3] Unable to decode: (.mp3 path and name)

I've found old Liquidsoap mailing list, where there's similar problem described, but no answer besides "you must compile liquidsoap maually or downgrade to version 0.9.2". Is there a possibility to change liquidsoap, that comes with Airtime? Are there any other solutions to this problem?

Thanks and hope for an solution,
    Krzysztof
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Hi,

Liquidsoap 0.9.2 is a very old version, that bug shouldn't exist anymore. Has the problem resolved itself? It is easy to change the Liquidsoap binary if you still want to try. Just follow the steps available here:

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    in theory the problem is corrected on the last version of liquidsoap
    (not available on airtime for the moment but download-able on github
  • @Martin: tried compiling liquidsoap this way, different releases, still same problem.

Meanwhile I tried beta version 4 of 2.1.0. It has some bugs, but works fine up till now. I also modified the ls_script.liq file, to play songs, when there's nothing scheduled. And so far decoder bug has not occurred. I noticed also in Icecast panel that in 2.0.3 "user_agent" is Liquidsoap/1.0.0, while in 2.1.0 it's Liquidsoap/1.0.0+scm. What's the difference between these two versions, and how can I install this "+scm" version in 2.0.3, if that's possible?
  • +SCM has some custom bug fixes for us :). Its newer than 1.0 version. 

You can simply copy the newer Liquidsoap binary (only one file), from /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_bin/liquidsoap and save it somewhere. Then when you install Airtime 2.0.3, install, simply copy this file back over the older one.

BTW, what bugs did you see in 2.1?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • In beta 4 some difficulties in using GUI occurred: it was impossible to ad content to show, both playlist or single .mp3, it only showed "Adding 1 item" and that was it. Also command "Cancel current show" didn't work. I just clicked it and nothing happened.
    Is there some manual, concerning how to set and use additional stream settings, that are available in 2.1? Just didn't figure it out yet how to use them.

The problem seems to have disappeared, still testing the new configuration. I let you know, what happens after few days.