2.0.2 Airtime: Liquidsoap not starting properly [10.04 LTS PPC]
  • I've just ran the 2.0.2 airtime install script for 10.04 LTS on a virgin install PPC system (after getting the required dependencies).  Everything works on Airtime, except for the fact that I can't get liquidsoap to work (and thus, no streaming).

I typed sudo -u pypo /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap and got this response:

File "library/pervasives.liq", line 1, char 21 before "\"utils.liq\"": Unknown error.
    Fatal error: exception Sys_error("utils.liq: No such file or directory")

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've also retrieved a different version of liquidsoap and placed it in the airtime directory with no success.
    Post edited by Jake Novak at 2012-03-21 14:08:19
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • First thing is to check whether that file exists (or did something go wrong during install).

Do 

find /usr/lib/airtime -name "utils.liq"

Does this return anything? If so, what are the permissions of that file and its parent directory?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Martin, thanks for the suggestion.  The file does exist and has the proper permissions (at least, the same as the other files in the same directory):

For the library dir (in /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts):
    drwxr-xr-x 2 pypo pypo 4096 2012-03-06 11:48 library

For the file utils.liq:
    -rw-r--r-- 1 pypo pypo 22191 2012-03-06 11:48 utils.liq
    Post edited by Jake Novak at 2012-03-21 17:39:56
  • I did a fresh install of lucid on the machine and decided to try the script again.  Liquidsoap still does not run, however I did get a new error when trying to execute airtime-liquidsoap:

/usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap: line 17: /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_bin/liquidsoap: cannot execute binary file
    /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap: line 17: /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_bin/liquidsoap: Success

This is the same error I got before I attempted to switch out binaries of liquidsoap from the repository.  I am unable to execute this either as pypo or as root, and all permissions appear to be correct on the directory and the binary itself. 

This lead me to read the install log this time, and the interesting thing is that during the liquidsoap install under the script, it identifed my architecture as i386 instead of ppc.  This was only for the liquidsoap entry; airtime-check-system reports the correct architecture.

Digging into the pypo-initialize.py script, I noticed there were only two entries for architecture whilst installing the liquidsoap binaries: i386 and amd64.  While the script was supposed to throw an error on an unsupported architecture, it instead determined I was on i386, and installed those binaries (along with amd64) in my liquidsoap directory.  Hence, I'm guessing this is why liquidsoap isn't running.
  • Hi,

I didn't notice in the title you mentioned you had a PPC architecture.

Unfortunately we only backport Liquidsoap 1.0 for x86 or amd64 architectures. If you'd like I can help you compile your own Liquidsoap binary for PPC it's very simple :-) 

Here is a link to get you started

Instead of getting the Liquidsoap source using hg (mercurial), I'd suggest you just download the final Liquidsoap 1.0 source code from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/savonet/files/liquidsoap/
    Post edited by Martin Konecny at 2012-03-22 22:59:23
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro