Question regarding crossfading and compression through Liquidsoap
  • Hi everyone,

I've only been using Airtime for a few weeks, but I think it's great. However, there are features I want to try and use from Liquidsoap, and I know that this is not a Liquidsoap forum but I'm looking to find out how to integrate the crossfading and compression from Liquidsoap into Airtime. I've tried to figure this out on my own and after reading through a lot of information on the Savonet site, and doing some trial and error, I'm still stuck. I want to know if anyone here has ever applied the crossfading and or compression from Liquidsoap to their Airtime setup and if so, how they did it.

I had read that modifying the ls_script.liq file for Airtime and putting in the parameters you want for the crossfading would work. I'd like to see an example of how someone added the crossfading and or compression options to their ls_script.liq if that is in fact what they had to do, or if there is some other way.

I am using Airtime 2.02 on Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 LTS with Icecast streams. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Andy
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Nevermind, I think I have it figured out.
    This tutorial here helped me out:

http://savonet.sourceforge.net/on2_part2.html

There is a section for smart crossfading and it takes you through how to define it in a script. The same applies to compression.

Thanks anyway.
  • Hi Andy thanks for sharing the solution for cross fades. We are building a feature list for 2.2 at the moment and this is something to consider. What were you referring to about compression... different stream bit rates?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin,

I should have said audio compression. There are two things built into the liquidsoap utils.liq for audio processing. The multiband compressor/crossover and then the typical dynamic compressor. If you want to enable these two things or the crossfading as I mentioned above, you just go into the ls_script.liq and put in the defs for them as the link I posted above suggests. Loving Airtime by the way. Incredibly easy to set up and get going, and managing it is a breeze too!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    for crossfade i've changed my ls_script with theses lines :

def crossfade(s)

#duration is automatically overwritten by metadata fields passed in

#with audio

s = fade.in(type="log", duration=0.5, s)

s = fade.out(type="log", duration=0.5, s)

fader = fun (a,b) -> add(normalize=false,[b,a])

cross(fader,s)

end

Post edited by Albert FR at 2012-03-29 08:05:27