A little guidance regarding Airtime/IceCast/LiquidSoap
  • Hello all,
    Happy to say I've got Airtime up and running and broadcasting on the local network for the moment. 
    Current set-up is Airtime 2 & OSS4, Kernel 3.2.0 generic & Ubuntu Studio 10.04 with a Lynx L22 soundcard. 
    I like the look of 10.04 and the 2.6 kernels wouldn't work with the Intel 82579V onboard ethernet controller so I took a chance! 

My next job is to try and find a way to automate a switch over to a "live input" from either the onboard sound card or from another computer in the studio. 
    I've been reading up on stream handovers and a few other bits and pieces. 

At the moment I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the connection between Airtime, LiquidSoap and IceCast. 

Is it as follows? : Airtime > LiquidSoap > IceCast > Internet... 

Should I try and patch my live studio feed into LiquidSoap or into IceCast? 
    And what can I use as a front-end for the input from the studio sound card? So I would have some sort of GUI to read input levels etc. and possibly take care of the format conversion. 

Bearing in mind that this will be used by persons who will not be using the Terminal is there a way to automate the switch from scheduled to live.

Sorry for all the questions at once,

Regards,
    Dave
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
  • Hi Dave,

You are correct about the chain of processes.

For Airtime 2.1 (release date should be announced soon), you will have the ability to schedule Live Shows where you can patch your studio feed directly into Liquidsoap.

Currently what you need to do is disconnect Liquidsoap from Icecast, and replace it with your live studio feed (which is very cumbersome!)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • For Airtime 2.1 (release date should be announced soon), you will have the ability to schedule Live Shows where you can patch your studio feed directly into Liquidsoap.
    :X
    Post edited by Rick Munday at 2012-03-06 12:04:54
  • Thanks for the replies guys. I'll take it over to Alberts thread.
    D